Shake and Bake FISH
Original recipe makes 4 Servings
4 Tilapia filets; rinsed and patted dry
1 package Shake-N-Bake; I use Italian but can be done with other flavors
Olive oil spray
2 Egg; beaten
Crispy Baked Tilapia Preparation
Preheat oven to 350. Rinse and dry filets. Beat 2 eggs in shallow dish, such as pie plate. Place 1 package of Shake-N-Bake seasoning into another pie plate. Line a cookie sheet with foil [for easy clean up]. Spray foil with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray. Dip fish filets into egg, coating well. Place filets into seasoning, coat well, patting in crumbs. Put filet on foil lined pan and repeat with remaining filets. Lightly spray tops of filets with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray and place in oven. Bake 15-22 min depending on thickness of fish. Coating should be golden brown and crispy when done.
Can be made with almost any white fish. Ling Cod and Rock Cod work well. Halibut works well. Adjust cooking time to accomidate fish thicknesses. Filets can be cut into smaller pieces and the same technique used to make fish nuggets too.
Tilapia Al Ajillo (garlic Tilapia)
Original recipe makes 4
1 1/2 lbs tilapia fillets
4 cloves garlic; thinly sliced
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
lemon,; for serving
Tilapia Al Ajillo (garlic Tilapia) Preparation
1. Season tilapia fillets with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
3. Put fillets in first, and when they start to turn color a bit (after 1-2 minutes) add garlic slices.
4. Continue cooking about 4 minutes or so, then flip fillets.
5. Fry until cooked through, and fish flakes easily with a fork this will depend entirely on the thickness of your fillets, so you will need to watch them carefully.
6. The garlic should turn a dark golden brown, but not be burned, if you notice that the garlic is starting to burn, spoon it over the fish, so it is no longer in contact with the pan.
7. Serve with freshly squeezed lemon juice and garnish with chopped parsley.
Gambas a la Plancha Shrimp with Garlic
Original recipe makes 4 Servings
4 tb Extra Virgin Olive Oil
8 Cloves garlic; thinly sliced
1 bn Italian parsley; finely diced
Salt and pepper
12 Shrimp; U15 size
Gambas a la Plancha Shrimp with Garlic Preparation
Peel and devein shrimp and discard shells. Heat oil over high heat in a 12inch to 14inch saute pan. Add garlic and cook until, light golden brown. Add shrimp and, tossing quickly, saute until just cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add parsley, toss to coat, season aggressively with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Herb Baked Salmon
Original recipe makes 3 Servings
6 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon parsley; fresh or freeze-dried
1 teaspoon basil; fresh or freeze-dried
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 pound salmon steaks; cut into portions
Herb Baked Salmon Preparation
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Mix all spices into olive oil and stir vigorously to mix.
Pour half the mixture into a bread-loaf sized baking dish
Put in salmon, probably stacked on itself a bit, and press it in so it soaks
Pour the rest of the mixture over the salmon
Immerse the salmon in the mixture as much as possible.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily.